Architecture, Construction, Kiss House, Recruitment, Sales | 15 February 2022
We’re recruiting — PA (maternity cover).
We are looking for a hands-on, energetic, and highly organised individual, to join our team.
Our expectations are high. We require exceptional cognitive ability, high levels of self-determination, collaborative teamwork, and a growth mindset. We want team members who are hungry, demonstrate intellectual humility and who are emotionally smart.
In return we are offering a great opportunity with huge scope for personal growth and fulfilment. As a team we’re committed to making housing better and we share a desire to do our best work. We would love to hear from you if you think you’re right for us.
The role: PA to our directors
The right candidate will love working collaboratively and will be looking for a challenging role and an environment within which to do their best work.
We want someone who is happy to adapt and flex to manage a busy workload and competing priorities.
This role requires a great communicator with a positive attitude and desire to support others to get work done. Whilst this is a maternity cover, the company is growing and there may be other opportunities in the future.
What we are offering
An interesting and varied role. You will be a key part of a small team that is dedicated to doing great things. Our culture is open and inclusive, and we use coaching to actively encourage personal development and growth.
We offer good renumeration and full-time hours, based in our central Reading office.
- Support: our directors across all areas of their work and pre-empting needs
- Assist: in planning and research projects
- Customer relationships: working with customers to maintain great relationships. Experience of the planning system and planning applications would be advantageous. You will be adept at keeping projects moving
- Meetings: note taking, recording action and discussion points, issuing to attendees, and following up to ensure that projects are kept on track.
- Financial and legal: liaising with professional advisors, reviewing contracts. Assisting with cashflows and other financial forecasts. Experience of customer contracts, construction contracts and Trademarks would be advantageous. Knowledge of Xero.
- Industry knowledge: at a minimum you should be able to understand industry terms and have a basic knowledge of the sector we work in
- Administering: company systems, maintaining password protected documents
- Workflow management: maintaining, updating, and managing work boards / priorities on the Monday App
- Projects: the role is busy and varied requiring you to work across various projects at a time. You will have a great work ethic and like to “get stuck in”
- Attention to detail: your exemplary written and verbal communication skills will be applied to all you do. You will use them to prepare company documents and check communications / proof reading
Key strengths required for the role
- Loyalty: loyal and trustworthy and able to build rapport
- Self-confidence: believing in your ability to help and drive action by being organised and analytical
- Helpful: giving assistance to others so they can focus on what is most important
- Adaptable: adjusting readily; agile, opportunistic, supportive and responsive
- Methodical: orderly in action, thought and expression to create structure
- Analytical: dissecting and having accurate understanding, eliminating inefficiencies
- Sociable: brilliant communication skills, engaging easily to build string relationships
- Ambitious: determined to succeed, help the team, and do great work
Qualifications and requirements
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent Maths and English
- Excellent computer literacy — across Microsoft Office, Monday App, Xero. Aptitude and drive to rapidly learn and establish new programmes and systems. InDesign would be an advantage
- Proven exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including both verbal and written communication skills
To apply, send your C.V. with a cover note to email@example.com explaining:
- Why you think you would be great at the job
- Why you are interested in it
- What your salary expectation is
- Your available start date